Tuesday 24 November 2015

Introduction

I have been writing short stories on and off for the last 5 years. Most have never seen the light of day, some have been terrible and some I've been pleased with. I have experimented with different genres and styles and I suspect I always will although there are two I keep returning to, science fiction and erotica.

Almost two years ago now I finally realised a long held ambition and published a collection of short stories. It was only in electronic format but it was available to anyone with an e-reader. I was really pleased with my efforts at getting that far and with the resulting publication but somehow I lost my momentum and my writing faltered.

The writing bug appears to have bitten again and I'm starting to string words together once more. Whilst it's not yet a torrent of words, ideas and sentences are forming and beginning to coalesce into coherent passages. Because of this I have refreshed my blog, given it a new address and deleted most of the old content.

So what am I going to write? For now I'll be sticking to my favourite subject, sex. It will also be exclusively short stories,  I love their immediacy and the lack of superfluous detail. I like to think that my short stories are to erotica what an espresso is to coffee: short, full of stimulation and super concentrated.
If you like what you read or even if you don't, let me know. Feedback is both lovely and essential for anyone who writes.

No comments:

Post a Comment